My 2011 year-in-review post is up next but first we have to go back to last NYE.
It’s December 31st 2010, I wake up at Jules’ house in Michigan with a very loud rumbling tummy. I am not hungry but I try to eat some eggs and toast before we drive to Belle Isle for a 5km race.
Here’s the rest of New Years Eve day in fantastic bullet point style:
– Get violently ill in the car, on the highway. Impressively don’t get anything on the car.
– Buy new jacket, shirt and purse at Khols.
– Decide I “feel better” after getting sick and don’t want to skip the race.
– Throw out any time goal and aim to ‘just finish’.
– Alternately feel badass and really stupid but mostly awful.
– Feel more awful.
– Get sick at the 2.5km turnaround point.
– Talk myself out of laying down in the road or grass.
– Debate jumping in the water to cool off. Decide that would be a bad idea in the middle of winter.
– Wonder why the heck the finish line is so far away.
– Keep going because I want the medal.
– Somehow cross the finish line.
– Find J and hang onto her for dear life.
– Take a bite of a bagel to settle my stomach. Ha.
– Get to a pharmacy for ginger ale and Dramamine stat.
– Realize I need to get out of the store NOW.
– Race for the exit wondering what genius put the pharmacy as far from the entrance as possible.
– Don’t make it outside. :/
– Finally make it outside and the fun continues.
– The coconut water I had? Not helping.
– Don’t drink coconut water again for the next 11.5 months.
– Get sick in front of young child and his family. Wow, didn’t think my day could get worse.
– Lady leaving the store wants to “help me”. Tell her my friend will be right out and keep insisting I don’t need her help.
– Lady finally leaves #10yearslater
– Lady comes back IN HER CAR and insists she help me. Finally get her to leave again.
– So. Embarrassed. But at least I got a medal!
I managed to keep it together for the rest of the night and rang in the New Year propped up on a stool at the bar.
Despite not being able to digest food I had a fun few days with friends to kick off 2011 in Michigan. Fingers crossed I never get food poisoning again!
2011 Highlights coming up next!