Fun food Friday began as I always indulge in a special treat at the end of the week. I haven’t been posting any lately because how many times can I post Blue Corn Chips and an iced coffee from Starbucks?
Instead of today’s treat I thought we could take Fun Food Friday to recap some of the fun foods I’ve eaten in the last week. After all, life and food are meant to be enjoyed everyday, not just Fridays.
The best Caesar salad from last weekend at La Luna in Hamilton. If you are in town, and looking for great Lebanese/Middle Eastern food, La Luna cannot be missed.
The caesar dressing is made from yogurt, lemon and maybe oil, it’s a little different than the typical heavy, creamy, anchovies Caesar and it’s better for it.
Food Should Taste Good. Simple, quality ingredients that taste good and are good for your body. It’s not often you find your eating philosophy in a bag of chips.
Made with three kinds of olives, these are my kind of treat.
A great Indian meal at Karaikudi recommended by a friend. I’m not a huge fan of buffets but this one had very fresh and high quality foods. I’ve been told the menu changes daily.
Fruit and Kesar for dessert.
Of course you know I’ve had a fix or two of Banana Softserve.
Chocolately Amazing Grass and Chia seeds to kick it up a notch.
In honour of Earth Day (yesterday) I wanted to share some of the easy tips I’ve found for keeping the earth green.
I’ve always been passionate about being kind to the earth, I can remember my grade 1 teacher involving our class in getting McDonalds to stop using Styrofoam packaging, and I’m always on the lookout for little things we can do to keep the earth green.
– Reusable bags, mugs and waterbottles.
– Don’t top off your gas tank (source).
– Unplug anything that’s not in use like your coffee maker and toaster. You’ll save money on your electric bills too!
– Turn off the tap while you’re brushing your teeth, washing your face and scrubbing dishes. (Out of all the countries, did you know Canadians waste the most amount of water ? Let’s change that!)
– When you boil eggs (or steam veggies) the water absorbs some of the vitamins from the food. Instead of dumping this water down the drain use it to water your plants (once it’s cooled of course). This tip posted here on Green is Sexy a great blog with tips on living greener.
– When you’re spring cleaning don’t throw out all of those items, instead, post them on Craigslist, Freecycle or donate them and avoid the landfill.