Wow, it’s been a while and I was just getting into a groove. Whenever I’ve taken a hiatus from journaling I feel like I have to come back with a huge shiny post about all the fun adventures that inspired hundreds of photos on my camera… but sometimes there’s just too much to say and I put it off even more.
And then Alex tagged me to tell you 7 Things you don’t already know about me. Not only is that a perfect way to get back to blogging but this blog is still a baby so it’s a perfect way to get to know me better!
1. I love music and have it playing all of the time, I even have a radio in my bathroom! One of my favorite things is when friends send me music/make me CDs. At Christmas a few years ago one of my besties made me an entire CD wallet of music, to this day it’s one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten.
2. Feet creep me out! I hate touching feet, even my own, it gives me the willies.
3. I love road trips. Short or long there’s just something special about spending time with my besties in a car, playing music, singing along, car-dancing and having those amazing chats you can only have in the car.
4. I collect shot glasses from places I visit and now friends have started to bring me them when they travel.
5. My favorite “gifts” don’t come from a store. Some of the best things I’ve ever been gifted were … Spending the summer in Greece with my Grandma for my 16th birthday, the post knee-surgery summer trips my mom took me on to the beaches in the south and NYC (thanks for my sanity mom!), scrapbooks of birthday messages and “fun times” from my besties, all the mixed CDs I could want and of course my very own, official, Starbucks red sprinkles.
6. I got my first camera when I was about 4, it was pink and I’ve been smitten with photography ever since. When I went to NYC I was most excited about taking photos of architecture, I’m fun like that.
7. I want to be on the Amazing Race. My friend Jen and I pretend we’re in amazing race training when we hang out or travel together. We do crazy things like try to beat people in airports, eat raw egg yolk (at a restaurant) and any other crazy thing we can challenge each other with.
What are your plans for Halloween?
At work my goup is dressing up and participating in our Halloween costume contest but it’s top secret so I can’t reveal our costumes until tomorrow. On halloween I have to decide between going to a masquerade and a friends party, not sure which one I’m going to go for.