One of the other managers at work just asked me what ‘LMAO’ meant… ahh they’re so fun and know right where to come to have ‘internet-speak’ translated.
It is mighty chilly here today and I am so not ready to let go of our warmer weather. I had to pull out a long sleeve button down shirt and light weight pants this morning, not to mention closed toed shoes instead of summery sandals, eek! I’m not ready for this!!
When I got to work I filled up my Nalgene bottle with water, as usual, but also broke out the mug for the first time this fall and had some Green Tea. In addition to cooler weather I am surrounded by sick people so tea sounded very comforting this morning.
What do you do to stay healthy?
Whether I feel a cold coming on or I’m already sick the key is to be good to your body…
– Get enough sleep! I need to get in bed at a decent time tonight!
– Give your body good fuel. In addition to getting your regular fruits and veggies in pick up some oranges and if you have food allergies be extra vigilant to keep them out of your diet. Stick to water based soups/drinks.
– Listen to your body. Being active helps boost your immune system but don’t push yourself too hard if you’re really not feeling well, you could end up doing more harm than good.
– Comfort. I swear by hot water with lemon and honey when I have a sore throat, Tea is also great – just don’t add too much sweetener, bacteria loves sugar!
– Wash your hands often… especially before meals!
Yesterday was a rest day for me so that means running is on the agenda tonight! I’ve just started working out before dinner and I really like how much more time it gives me in the evenings.
Before, I used to come home starving for dinner and then have to wait a while before I could hit the gym. At that point it would be pretty late and it was harder to get up and go, even if I wanted to work out. On workout nights I used to feel like there wasn’t time for anything else.
Now that I plan to go after work I have a small snack on my way home to carry me through the workout. I also know that I’ll be done with my workout and dinner relatively quickly and will still have the rest of the night to myself.
I’ve only been doing this new routine for two weeks but it seems to be working well!